Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork

I don't know if I have told you yet, but I LOVE my pressure cooker, alright, I know I've told you but I love it that much! It makes weekend only meals an everyday affair, making baby food is a cinch and it allows me to use cheaper cuts of meat without sacrificing tenderness. What's not to love?
Slather on some Tangy BBQ Sauce
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork
Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons of a dry rub of your choice*
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • about 2 pounds pork roast, cut into strips
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 cup lemon-lime soda
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce (Recipe for Tangy Sauce)
Directions:
Place pork into a gallon sized bag, add dry rub and toss to coat. Brown the pork in the pressure cooker according to manufacture's manual.
Add the onion, cook for 3 minutes. Add soda and vinegar, seal cooker and cook on high pressure for 35-45 minutes. Release pressure according to manual's instructions.
Shred pork, add BBQ sauce and stir to combine.
Serve on rolls or as a topping for baked sweet potatoes.
NOTE: If you like dryer shredded meat, drain some of the juices before shredding.

Yield: 6 servings

* I like McCormick's Grill Mates in the Tennessee or Memphis blend. One packet is enough for 2 dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment